Hey friends. I’m waiting on a sandwich to be delivered, so I have decided to indulge some questions and etc.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
Almacita, Meeks, Almypants, Ms. A, Twin. There are more, but those are embarrassing and/or special.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
I am still waiting on my roommate to put together my bookshelf, but I have a bunch of Danielle Laporte on my nightstand to read.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
Not too often. I don’t really write long-hand much. I sometimes doodle with my iPhone, but that’s wordart stuff, mostly.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I am not one to really endure insomnia and stay in bed. At least, not sleeping. Reading makes me tired, but it energizes my brain. Sex is out because I actually get a second wind after. Mostly I answer questions on the Internet because it has to be enough to empty my brain, but not engage it. Or I watch movies with intricate plots or trash tv. Which is why I’ve never watched Star Wars past the first 5 minutes.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
Years and years. My life is pretty solitary.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
Some of them. I sort of regret tossing out old love letters and emails. But you need to, sometimes, to get people out of your heart.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
My roommate. My God. Worse? He says it’s my stuff!
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I usually show up and slither along the wall, looking for animals, kids, old people, and limited English speakers. Or appetizers. I then proceed to talk babytalk to the animals, rub their bellies, and roll on the floor with the animals. If there are kids, we go on weird adventures or read books. If it’s old people, I engage them in convos about their childhoods. If it’s limited English, I ask them to tell me a word and then I tell them a word. Or we smile and nod. I avoid loud people and attractive men. And Republicans. And then I sort of stay in the corner till I can make my great escape. Unless there is crafting. Then, it’s on.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
My intuition–the 6th sense. I don’t think I’d give up any willingly. But maybe smell.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
6? After every meal/snack to rinse out my sockets. Ugh. Plus before bed and in the morning.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That I wouldn’t die if I yelled Wonder Woman first. That you could play Carmen San Diego as a job. That broccoli was disgusting.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
A few of my friends from college, probably.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
I don’t read newspapers. Sadly, Twitter is my main news source.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Dogs used to really scare me as a kid. I think now it might be birds. I don’t know–they’re unpredictable and bitchy. And they poop.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
Depends on what it is. I try to engage it in my personal relationships.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
Someone said I was a breath of fresh air–at work.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
Probably the perfectionism thing.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
I can be. Depends on what it is. Sometimes, I’m the opposite.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain.
I can be. About some things. I have preferences and needs–and I will voice them if they’re important.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Moving out here. It was such a cluster.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
A lot of acquaintances. A few people who are acquaintances, but think they’re closer friends. Very few close friends and lots of distant formerly close friends. A lot of who I used to be accepted toxic bullshit. So I tend to draw people who are not the best for me. But I also have a hard time giving up on them.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
Can’t I do both?
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
Oh, I share it. Haha.
25. What do you think about more than anything else?
How tired I am. Goddamnit. And how much I love my kitties.
26. What’s something that amazes you?
How much I love my kitties. Oh yea…and I’m still here.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
Shoot straight. I want to know the truth.
28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest?
I don’t know this place well enough yet.
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
Clean. Fuck cleaning.
30. Do you have a catchphrase?
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
Oh that’s a loaded question. 🙂
32. How and where do you prefer to study?
Late at night. Bedroom. Total quiet.
33. What position do you sleep in?
Side, with lots of pillows.
34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Santa Fe, maybe.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
Strong communicator, sense of humor, empathy.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
Only child or youngest, depending on how defined. That’s a whole lot of complicated.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
You know, if it’s broken now, it’s on them. I am open to whatever and have done the work on my end. So, I probably wouldn’t.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
No. Not at all.
41. What do you consider unforgivable?
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
Pretty much. It’s not the failures that are hard to forgive.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
That can be a challenge.
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
Not a lot, then sometimes immediately. Depends.
46. In what area of your life are you immature?
I don’t call it immature. I call it being in touch with my inner five year old. In all things, basically. Not a bad thing.
47. What was the best news you ever received?
I don’t think that way.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
Not at all difficult.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
All the time. Depends a lot on them. I disliked most of my exes early on. Haha.
50. When do you find yourself singing?
All the time.