life lessons, this week
Hm. So, this past week had a bunch of lessons for me that are apparently bleeding into this brand new one. Some lessons were repeats. Because it often takes me a few concussions before I get it.
- Losing people sucks.
- I hate crying. A lot. And it doesn’t help. Contrary to popular belief.
- Life goes on.
- When people are unhappy, they often inflict their crap on you. When they’re happy, they tend to be a whole lot nicer. Forgive them for being this way and be happy for their happiness.
- People do change. And sometimes, the changes are beneficial to relationships.
- All the change in the world, even the most beneficial change, won’t fix what isn’t meant to be. Relationships can fall apart in multiple ways, for multiple reasons. Don’t let it fester.
- How someone treats you when you’re doing the healthy thing for you is indicative of their own health.
- No matter how much you love someone, if you have nagging doubts about them, they’re there for a reason. And that reason is that it’s not right.
- Time doesn’t fix most things. It changes it. Sometimes, that’s good. Often? Not so much.
- Love isn’t work.
- Relationships are work, but they shouldn’t feel like the hardest thing you’ve done.
- You don’t need to have relationships with everyone you love.
- Not engaging is not giving up.
- I don’t need anyone. I want things. That’s my ego. That’s unhealthy.
- Stop engaging desires. Start engaging needs.